The Trinity Doctrine Refuted:
Many people have questioned me about the statements I make on my web site (http://www.considerthis.net) concerning the "trinity
" and the lack of scriptural proof for that doctrinal belief. I say plainly that to believe that doctrine is to accept the pagan Roman Catholic Church’s doctrine of polytheism and all that goes with it. The "trinity" doctrine is plainly and admittedly a pagan triune "godhead" in every denomination that accepts it.
I also contend that in accordance with scripture that Yahuwah, Yahushua, and the Sacred Spirit are all one and the same. That comes from the recognition that Yahuwah is the ONLY Eloah around. He has appeared to us in three different forms, as the Father, the Son, and the Sacred Spirit, but it is still the same Person doing this appearing.
Due to my statements on the subject I am accused of having a "modality" belief system. From the definition I see for the word "modality" every belief system in the world, religious or otherwise, can have the word applied to it, so I do not really understand the import of the accusation.
In this case, I suspect that because I deny the "trinity" that seems to put me in the classification of being a denier of some widely held belief. (But of course that is not the only "widely held belief" that I deny.) If that is the case, then all I can say is our Creator is also in the same group for I got it directly from His word. To me the evidence, some of which is seen below, is quite clear.
One of the major things that is apparent in scripture concerning the Person of our Creator is that He is ALONE! There is NO ONE beside Him. He is the ONLY true Eloah that has ever been and will ever be. He says that too many times in scripture to count, but I will quote some of the passages below and comment on them where I deem it may be needed. Most of the passages are quite plain and need no further comment or discussion.
All of the quoted passages are from "The Sacred Scriptures of Yahuwah, Restored Names Version," which may be freely downloaded (see Links to the RNV in the menu bar above) from this web site.
No other Elohiym
- B’emidbar (Deuteronomy) 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Yisra'el! Yahuwah is Eloah! Yahuwah is One!
- B’emidbar 4:39 Therefore know this day and consider it in your heart that Yahuwah Himself is the Elohiym in the sky above and on the earth beneath. There is no other!
- 1 Kings 8:59-60 And may these words of mine, with which I have made supplication before Yahuwah, be near Yahuwah our Eloah day and night that He may maintain the cause of His servant and the cause of His people Yisra'el, as each day may require, that all the peoples of the earth may know that Yahuwah is the Elohiym. There is no other.
- YashaYahuw (Isaiah) 43:10-11 "You are My witnesses," says Yahuwah, "and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no el formed nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am Yahuwah and besides Me there is no savior!
- YashaYahuw 45:5-6 I am Yahuwah and there is no other. There is no Elohiym besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, that they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting that there is none besides Me. I am Yahuwah and there is no other!
- YashaYahuw 45:18 for thus says Yahuwah, that created the skies, that is the Elohiym, that formed the earth and made it, that has established it, that did not create it in vain, that formed it to be inhabited, "I am Yahuwah and there is no other.
- YashaYahuw 45:21-23 Tell and bring forth your case. Yes, let them take counsel together. Who has declared this from ancient time? Who has told it from that time? Have not I, Yahuwah? And there is no other Elohiym besides Me, a righteous El and a Savior. There is none besides Me! Look to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth, for I am El and there is no other! I have sworn by Myself! The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness and shall not return that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath.
- YashaYahuw 46:9 Remember the former things of old for I am El and there is no other Elohiym and there is none like Me,
- Yo’el (Joel) 2:27 Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Yisra'el. I am Yahuwah your Eloah and there is no other. My people shall never be put to shame.
- Mark 12:29 Yahushua answered him, "The first of all the commandments is 'Hear, O Yisra'el, Yahuwah is our Eloah! Yahuwah alone!
- Mark 12:32 So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one Eloah and there is no other but He.
- 1 Korinthios (Corinthians) 8:4 Concerning therefore the eating of things sacrificed to idols, know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other Eloah but one.
Prophecy of Yahushua
- YashaYahuw 9:6-7 For unto us a Child is born. Unto us a Son is given and the government will be upon His shoulder and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty El, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of Dawiyd and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and righteousness from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of Yahuwah of hosts will perform this.
I know of no denominational preachers who do not acknowledge that this is a prophecy of the first coming of Yahushua. I wonder how they can rationalize and justify the fact that He is here called, "Eternal Father."
- ZekarYahuw (Zechariah) 14:1-4 ¶ Behold, the day of Yahuwah is coming and your spoil will be divided in your midst, for I will gather all the nations to battle against Yeruwshalom. The city shall be taken, the houses rifled, and the women raped. Half of the city shall go into captivity but the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then Yahuwah will go forth and fight against those nations as in the day of His fighting in the day of battle. And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives that faces Yeruwshalom on the east and the Mount of Olives shall be split in two from east to west. A very great valley! Half of the mountain shall move toward the north and half of it toward the south.
This is the same event prophesied in Revelation 19 where Yahushua is also is called the Sovereign of Sovereigns, another title reserved for Yahuwah alone!
Millennial Reign in Yeruwshalom
- YashaYahuw 24:23 Then the white moon will be disgraced and the sun ashamed, for Yahuwah of hosts will reign magnificently on Mount Tsiyown and in Yeruwshalom and before His elders.
- Revelation 20:6 Blessed and sacred is he that has part in the first resurrection. Upon such the second death has no power but they will be temple officials of Yahuwah and of the Anointed and will reign with Him a thousand years.
Our Savior and Redeemer, First and Last, Alpha and Omega
- YashaYahuw 41:4 Who has performed and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I, Yahuwah, am the first, and with the last I am He.
- YashaYahuw 41:14 Do not fear, you worm Ya'aqob, you men of Yisra'el! I will help you," says Yahuwah and your Redeemer, the Sacred One of Yisra'el.
- YashaYahuw 44:6-8 Thus says Yahuwah, the king of Yisra'el and his Redeemer, Yahuwah of hosts, 'I am the First and I am the Last. Beside Me there is no Elohiym and who can proclaim as I do? Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me since I appointed the ancient people. And the things that are coming and shall come, let them show these to them. Do not fear or be afraid! Have I not told you from that time and declared it? You are My witnesses! Is there an Eloah besides Me? There is no other rock! I know none!'"
How often have you heard Yahushua called "our redeemer?" Yet that term is not found in the Greek portion of the scripture nor is it ever applied to Him in scripture. Note that in the passage above Yahuwah IS called the Redeemer.
- YashaYahuw 45:14-15 Thus says Yahuwah, "The labor of Mitsrayim and merchandise of Kuwsh and of the Seba'iym, men of measurement, shall come over to you and they shall be yours. They shall walk behind you, they shall come over in fetters, and they shall bow down to you. They will make supplication to you saying, 'Surely El is in you, and there is no other. There is no other Elohiym.'" Truly You are El, who hide Yourself, O Eloah of Yisra'el, the Savior!
- YashaYahuw 48:12 Listen to Me, O Ya'aqob and Yisra'el My called! I am He! I am the First! I am also the Last.
- Revelation 1:10-11 I came in the Spirit on the Master's day and heard behind me a great voice like a trumpet saying, "I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see write in a scroll and send to the seven assemblies that are in Asia, into Ephesos, and into Smurna, and into Pergamos, and into Thuateira, and into Sardeis, and into Philadelphia, and into Laodikeia."
- Revelation 1:17-18 ¶ And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead and He laid His right hand upon me saying to me, "Do not fear. I am the First and the Last," and, "I am He that lives and was dead and, behold, I am alive into all the ages, amein, and have the keys of she'owl and death.
- Revelation 2:8 ¶ And to the messenger of the assembly in Smurna write, 'These things said the First and the Last, that was dead and is alive.
- Revelation 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.'
In the book of Revelation it is quite obvious that it is Yahushua speaking and not Yahuwah. Yet He makes that claim that He is the First and the Last, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, just as does Yahuwah. Note also that He says He was dead yet lives.
With all the above evidence directly from scripture, I simply do not understand how anyone can ever accept the polytheism of the "holy trinity" or deny the oneness of Yahuwah, Yahushua, and the Sacred Spirit.
C.F. "Buck" Castleberry